Every developer aims at a speedy yet efficient development process, opting for numerous solutions that result in the same, and the plugins make a huge contribution to the cause. If you are an android developer and want to improve your productivity, here are some extremely effective as well as essential plugins that are worth trying –
1. ADB Idea
ADB Idea is a plugin made for Android Studio and Intellij IDEA to simplify the Android development process. It empowers you to perform various essential actions at a click, instead of creating them from scratch, which eventually speeds up the development process.
ADB plugins come with the following features:
- Uninstall App
- Clear App Data
- Kill App
- Start App
- Restart App
- Clear App Data and Restart
So, no more struggling with the series of steps of the app settings to perform an action. Just find the command in the ‘Find Actions’ option or the tools section of ADB Idea, click on it, and that’s it.
CodeGlance is a kind of minimap of the entire code, which facilitates you to view the complete code block at a glance. Once you enable the CodeGlance, the whole code displays at the side of the screen in the minimap format, from where you can quickly jump to the desired section of code by selecting it from the CodeGlance box. CodeGlance also displays the blocks’ color, making it even more comprehensible and productive.
CodeGlance comes with the following features:
- Works with both light and dark themes.
- Maps entire code in a mini-block i.e. the zoomed-out view.
- Enable color customization for highlighting the syntax within the code.
- Easily scrollable.
- Easier to reach is embedded within the editor window itself.
3. Key Promoter X
When working on Android projects, Key Promoter X assists in achieving the necessary shortcuts. The Key Promoter X displays the keyboard shortcut you should have used instead when developers click a button inside the IDE using the mouse.
Key Promoter X facilitates the move to quicker, mouse-free development by offering a straightforward approach to learning how to replace tiresome mouse work with keyboard shortcuts. The Key Promoter X tool window provides a hit list of the mouse operations that developers most frequently use, along with a quick link to a shortcut they can use in their place. The Key Promoter X offers the option to immediately generate a shortcut for buttons that don’t already have one.
Key Promoter X comes with the following features:
- leveraging IDEA’s built-in messaging framework, non-intrusive notifications concerning shortcuts
- Easy shortcut customizations for buttons through active links in the notification
- Easy creations for shortcuts for buttons
- a constant list of shortcuts that have been missed in the IDEA tool window
- list of suppressed tips for specific shortcuts you don’t want to use.
The Key Promoter X Plugin installation procedure is as follows:
Open Android Studio, select plugins, search Key Promoter X on the search bar i.e. (Type/to see options), and install.
Read all the 10 must-have plugins here: https://www.aceinfoway.com/blog/android-studio-plugins-for-developers