How to Resolve Biggest Challenges of Software Engineering in 5 Easy Steps

Rajat Chauhan
3 min readJul 22, 2022

The software development industry is a multi-billion dollar and fast-changing industry. As per Statista, Revenue in the Software market is projected to reach US$ 626.50 bn in 2022.

Over the past few years, there has been a sharp increase in the demand for software engineers who provide solutions to various software problems as more and more organizations undergo digital transformation.

Software development changes rapidly as technology — such as low-code/no-code platforms, machine learning operations, DevSecOps, digital experiences, PWAs, IT automation, cloud integration, and serverless computing.

To stay in the present, you not only need to consider the current state of technology, but you also need to look ahead.

5 Stages of Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) for Successful Software Launch

1. Product Ideation

The initial and most important stage for any software development project is research and ideation. Our research accounts for about 30% of all development processes; The other 70% is divided among the remaining four steps.

Before doing any technical research, start by researching the market elements:

  1. Current and Future Trends
  2. Customer Requirements
  3. Emerging Market Demand
  4. Potential Occupational Risk
  5. Market Competitors

Based on market research and customer needs, the creative process begins with all catered ideas in one place. During deliberation, experts brainstorm these ideas. Some may be new or revolutionary, and others may be improvements to existing solutions. The software development team continues to analyze ideas and combine them to create a solution that meets the needs and expectations of the client.

Also, various needs may emerge during the process that the customer was never aware of, and establishing these unfulfilled needs adds value, so the time spent hashing ideas is well spent. Although there may be many seemingly ridiculous ideas, there are usually one or two gems waiting to be discovered, or some improvements to the existing concept.

2. Product Design

When all the ideas have been shortlisted, the designing sprint begins. The next step for companies is to start creating graphic concepts for the product.

Create a low-fidelity prototype, which is the beginning concept of the design process to test its various structures and workflows. This is one of the most important steps as it will help you understand how your product will actually look.

Now, the actual product design process starts by Brainstorming the human-centered design phase. Firstly, UX designers and researchers look at the problem space and pinpoint the problems that need to be solved. Furthermore, they determine a direction for the next step in the product design process based on the gathered insights.

Software Product Design Covers:

  1. Wireframing
  2. Low-fidelity Mockup
  3. Visual, Interaction, and User Interface (UI)
  4. Interactive User Experience (UX)

In a good design process, business requirements meet user needs, Which are possibly satisfied within the technical possibilities.

Read the complete post here:



Rajat Chauhan

Rajat Chauhan is a Manager of Digital Marketing at Ace Infoway Pvt.Ltd — a leading web and mobile development company with offices in LA and India.